COLD AND FLU SEASON
It is our desire to create a healthy, safe environment for all children who use Arvada Covenant. The toys and surfaces are sanitized after each use however, the best way to prevent illness is to prevent exposure. In order to help eliminate the spreading of colds, flu and other childhood sicknesses, we request that everyone follow these guidelines when deciding if your child should com to HSE.
- FEVER: Child should be fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- VOMITING/DIARRHEA: Child should be episode free for 24 hours.
- STREP THROAT: Child should have started antibiotics 24 hours before attending HSE.
- NASAL DRAINAGE: child should not attend until drainage is clear.
- SORE THROAT/COUGH: Child should not attend with a sore throat, croup or persistent coughing associated with respiratory infection.
- PINK EYE: Attend only after 24 hours of antibiotics, no matting or drainage occurs, and the child is no longer rubbing the eye.
- CHICKEN POX: child may not attend until all spots are scabbed over and the child is no longer scratching or touching scabs.
- RASH: Children with an unexplained or contagious rash should not attend.
- LICE/OTHER INFESTATION: Children should not attend until after treatment, and all live lice and visible nits have been removed.
Thank you for helping us keep kids healthy! – The Children’s Ministry Staff Team